Login Register
MoHH2 Legendz

Legends of Medal of honor:Heores 2.. Never forgotten RiP in piece

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ElectriK

ElectriK

Elite Member

We know the PS Vita has no user changeable battery. This could be an issue right? After all its meant to be a portable gaming unit. Not tied down to your mains power connection. The longer the battery life, the better for those long trips, flights, family meetings or whatever. And since we can’t just save our game and swap the battery for a fresh one, it really does count. And one Japanese gamer has run a battery test of sorts. Pitting the PS Vita. Model PCH-1100 AA01 with 3G/Wi-Fi against the Nintendo 3DS and PSP-3000.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

All systems are run with everything on. Wifi, brightness to the max everything 100%. And the PS Vita did very well. Out lasting the 3DS which died after 2 hours 35 minutes. The PS Vita running Uncharted Golden abyss managed 3 hours and 47 minutes. Not bad at all considering it was rendering a tough 3d game like Golden Abyss. And the camera constantly spinning around like that means the GPU would have been working 100%. The PSP was rending more of a static image. And well it cheated somewhat too using an extended battery! The PSP-3000 with extended battery managed a cool9 hours plus…

3DS Fans will cry foul play as the unit is rendering 3D, which consumes more power. Fair enough comment but you also have to remember the battery sizes here. The 3DS sports only a 1300mAh battery and the PS Vita has a 2100mAh battery.

Personally I’m pleased with the result of this test. I think most would be buyers of the PS Vita can now rest somewhat knowing that with a mid level brightness. 3G and Wifi off we can expect over 5 hours at least! And we wont be rotating the camera like that non stop either in Uncharted.

Last edited by ElectriK on Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://i.servimg.com/u/f40/16/80/87/52/hadez10.png

StriickeN

StriickeN

Admins
    Admins

Laughing why do they only compare this to the 3DS? what?

http://www.psvmods.net

ElectriK

ElectriK

Elite Member

Juggalo™Killa wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] why do they only compare this to the 3DS? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3ds and psp, idk....

Remember - the psp is on an extended battery..

https://i.servimg.com/u/f40/16/80/87/52/hadez10.png

Vet

Vet

Elite Member

Juggalo™️Killa wrote:Laughing why do they only compare this to the 3DS? what?
    Exactly. +1

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum