You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

StriickeN

StriickeN

Admins
    Admins

This is for all consoles but ill just put this in xbox section Razz

Spoiler:

With the current generation of videogame consoles (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii) passing their 5/6 year mark and Nintendo’s Wii U announced during E3 2011 back in June, it will be no surprise to see Microsoft and Sony release their next-generation consoles within the next 2-3 years. Because of this, gamers around the world have began speculating what these companies will have in store for them when they are ready to release their next consoles. Read more for an inside look at what Sensics, a panoramic head-mounted display company, has in store for CES 2012 that could potentially be the “next big thing” for gaming such as Nintendo’s motion-based Wii Remote, when their Wii console launched in November of 2006.

Announced today, Sensics will be introducing their latest technology named SmartGoggles during the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Sensic’s SmartGoggles technology is said to “power new types of gaming and entertainment goggles that are mobile and feature real-time, 360-degree tracking of the hands from the user’s perspective, adding intelligence, natural interaction, and true portability to goggle designs.”

When asking Jason Kaplan, Vice President of Business Development for Sensics about the possibility of licensing the SmartGoggles technology to Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo for next-generation videogame consoles, Jason replied with the following:

“Yes, Sensics is interested in working with the major console manufacturers and other consumer electronics companies to bring the SmartGoggles technology to next-generation consoles. The SmartGoggles technology will enable potential partner companies to add 3D, 360 degree perspective and first person interaction (hand, head tracking) to the existing console model. Moreover, they can extend the physical use of the console beyond one room due to the mobile nature of the SmartGoggles.”

Just imagine venturing through Bethesda’s latest release, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and feeling like you are living and traversing through Skyrim as your designed character having the ability to experience the beautiful environment with real-time 360-degree tracking utilizing both head and hand tracking! This experience will be made possible thanks to the SmartGoggles technology involving “an on-board processor with 3D graphics accelerators that are as powerful as the latest tablets or cell phones.”

While speaking with Jason on how the SmartGoggles technology could possibly impact the overall gaming experience in the future, Jason replied:

“The SmartGoggles technology enables all of the buzzwords/themes of the future of gaming: mobile, motion capture, 3D, immersive, augmented reality and more. It can also leverage the work being done with cloud based games and 4G networks. Imagine users of SmartGoggles playing a cloud based, augmented reality game in a mall with several friends. This is all possible. And, for serious gamers the interactivity, 360 immersion and non-tethered features will bring a whole new realism to the gaming experience.”

Now if this does not have you excited, I don’t know what will. I will admit, I have never been a fan of having to wear glasses/goggles to enjoy any form of multimedia, but if Sensics is able to deliver on what they are promising with their SmartGoggles technology, I just might have to adapt. In fact, come early January while I am out in Las Vegas for CES 2012, I will be meeting up with the team at Sensics to check out the new technology hands-on, so be on the lookout for my coverage mid to late January when I return back home and hit my HD video rig for extensive video editing and rendering! Until then, I leave you with a brief promotional video designed by Sensics outlining the possibilities of the SmartGoggles technology.

Spoiler:

http://www.psvmods.net

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum