MoHH2 Legendz

Legends of Medal of honor:Heores 2.. Never forgotten RiP in piece

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BuZ

Gold Member
    Gold Member

Hello all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-S5360) and I have met the so called 'continuous loop boot' or alternatively said 'continuous reboot'.

I am quite a techy / technology wise with computers and much more. Although, this problem beats me. I have rooted my phone as I bought it almost 2 years ago. Today, I was chatting to friends on kik messenger and suddenly my phone froze and the display went funny and was unresponsive. I waited at least a minute and still no gain / response from the phone. I tried using the menu button and also the power button (holding it down to access the so called menu which allows you to 'power-off' the phone, switch 'silent mode' ON/OFF and/or enable/disable 'flight mode'. My last resort/only option was to take the battery cover off and take the battery out. I carried this action out because it would have been stupid or just about the same if I didn't.

I also tried the recovery menu (along with the 4 options it comes with) - I used the 'Clear Cache' and 'Wipe Data/Factory Reset' and still no luck.

I know for a fact my phone isn't bricked as I have had PSP(s) and used to install custom firmwares on them and unbrick them. Bricked doesn't allow you to even turn or boot into the BIOS/boot up screen. I rooted my phone at least 2 months ago to allow me more features and access to my phone. I didn't even know this problem existed until I searched it. Although, the information is 1 year and a few months outdated. 

I haven't had much issues with the phone but this is the biggest issue I have come across. 

I need the specific firmware/ROM/software for my phone which is Vodafone UK (United Kingdom) branded. Smile

I bought the phone from a shop called 'Argos' in the UK.

Link: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5188161.htm

Technical phone details:
    Vendor/Network SIM provider: Vodafone UK (PAYG).
    I have a 8GB memory card (although, I have taken that out and tried booting the phone up without it). 

Link to the phone/website of the network provider: http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/samsung-galaxy-y-payg?dfacid=1&cid=aff-aw-default-78888

Many thanks / thank you in advance, 

Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-S5360) 'continuous loop boot' / 'continuous reboot' [Vodafone UK]: Help please! 3028168719! Smile

[space]

Lion Heart

What recovery do you have?

If you have Clockwork Then why don't you just flash CM7 or CM9?

BuZ

Gold Member
    Gold Member

[space] wrote:What recovery do you have?

I had a backup, but I didn't use it. I am not sure. I have fully wiped the phone. I can only access the menu for 'Odin'.

It's quite frustrating, but I am getting the hang of it. 

I access the menu by pressing the HOME key, Volume down and Power key at the same time. 

I know 'HOME key, Volume up and Power key' at the same time is the recovery menu. Although, that can be hard to get into as I have semi-bricked my phone. Mad Just from using applications and pulling the battery out which would happen anyway if I let the battery go dead.

[space]

Lion Heart

undefined wrote:
    [space] wrote:What recovery do you have?

I had a backup, but I didn't use it. I am not sure. I have fully wiped the phone. I can only access the menu for 'Odin'.

It's quite frustrating, but I am getting the hang of it. 

I access the menu by pressing the HOME key, Volume down and Power key at the same time. 

I know 'HOME key, Volume up and Power key' at the same time is the recovery menu. Although, that can be hard to get into as I have semi-bricked my phone. Mad Just from using applications and pulling the battery out which would happen anyway if I let the battery go dead.
    What recovery menu do you have on your phone?
    I have never heard of Odin recovery?

BuZ

Gold Member
    Gold Member

Youtube it. It's how you re-install different firmwares and update your phone through KIES (Samsung's software).

[space]

Lion Heart

undefined wrote:Youtube it. It's how you re-install different firmwares and update your phone through KIES (Samsung's software).
    I have used Odin for the initial root but never for installing a rom.
    Always do it through recovery

BuZ

Gold Member
    Gold Member

[space] wrote:
    undefined wrote:Youtube it. It's how you re-install different firmwares and update your phone through KIES (Samsung's software).
    I have used Odin for the initial root but never for installing a rom.
    Always do it through recovery

I've tried that and don't seem to have any luck. Surprised

Although, I may be trying to wrong ROM/Software/firmware for my version of the phone series. Region wise and version wise.

Jamba

Jamba

Swag Mater
     Swag Mater

Try this firmware, I'm pretty sure it's meant for you. Blinking creepy smil

Here

If it doesn't work, then report back here. Blinking creepy smil

Hope this works man. Wink

[space]

Lion Heart

I referred him over to the Android devs at AA51.
    He didn't even install CWM after he rooted the phone. WHAT THE FUCK!

Jamba

Jamba

Swag Mater
     Swag Mater

[space] wrote:I referred him over to the Android devs at AA51.

Oh my. shyface

[space]

Lion Heart

Uncle Jamba wrote:
    [space] wrote:I referred him over to the Android devs at AA51.

Oh my. shyface
    ye.

BuZ

Gold Member
    Gold Member

It isn't essential to install CWM; it is quite optional. I knew I had to backup the data. Although, there wasn't much to backup. lol.

Just my firmware. Which I have finally re-installed (AND even better than shipped ROM/firmware). This time I have no bloatware (unwanted software that is a pain to get rid of).

Jamba

Jamba

Swag Mater
     Swag Mater

I hate bloatware, that's why I flashed a custom  JellyBean 4.1 ROM on mine. Blinking creepy smil

BuZ

Gold Member
    Gold Member

Uncle Jamba wrote:I hate bloatware, that's why I flashed a custom JellyBean 4.1 ROM on mine. Blinking creepy smil

What phone / android version (Stock / factory android version when you bought the mobile phone), may I ask? Smile

Jamba

Jamba

Swag Mater
     Swag Mater

I started out with a Pantech Burst with Gingerbread (Idk what version).

I then upgraded it to ICS (4.0.something) and then rooted and flashed a custom Jellybean 4.1 rom on it.

And voila! 

I now have swag. ME gusta LOL

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum