Login Register
MoHH2 Legendz

Legends of Medal of honor:Heores 2.. Never forgotten RiP in piece

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ordo ab chao

ordo ab chao

This will be a short tutorial on how to set up and use the IDE Code::Blocks. There are a few things that you need to do before you think about getting Code::Blocks, or any IDE for that matter, and they are:
    1.You must have a Functioning brain.
    2.You must have a basic knowledge of C++, or a willingness to learn
    3.You must know how to download the IDE

Since I assume everyone on this site has a functioning brain, and anyone reading this has at least a willingness to learn C++, I will get on to how to download it. Code::Blocks can be found Here.
    If you are on windows, download the larger file, it has more features and options that the smaller download. I will not cover the installer, mostly because it is incredibly easy to use and get through. Once you have Code::Blocks, open it up and go to Settings > Editor and edit everything to your liking, because you will be looking at the editor, not me. You should not need to change any other settings, but it is good to look around the settings and familiarize yourself with the Code::Blocks interface. Once you familiarize yourself with the interface, go to File>New>Project and choose console application. select the language for it to use as "C++" and give it any title and any location, and then leave the compiler settings as default for now.
    Once you create the project, open up the main.cpp file and type in:
    Code:
    #includes<iostream>
    using namespace std;

int main()
          {
              int x;
              cout << "ordo ab chao taught me this from " ;
              cin >> x;
              system("PAUSE");
              return 0;
          }
    Once you replace the default code in the main.cpp file with this, go to Build>Build and Run or you can press F9 and it will run the executable and you can type where i taught you this from and once you hit enter, it pauses the executable for you so you can see your answer. In my next tutorial I will cover the basics of input and output using Cout and Cin and basic variables. have a nice day.

Vader

Master Vader

Good job on this awesomeness
    Hopefully someone will have a use for it Embarassed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum